Sunday, October 23, 2016

Arlington... Welcome to Cake Bliss!

There is no such thing as too much dessert. 

In my opinion, anyway.

So when Dionne Dixon opened Cake Bliss last month in the Pantego area, I knew we were in for- literally- a treat! Cake Bliss does cupcakes, cakes and cinnamon rolls and takes special orders. Cake Bliss has been making cakes for the DFW area since 2011. My girls and I stopped in yesterday to check out the space and treat ourselves to cupcakes before we started our Saturday happenings, and we had those cupcakes devoured before I even started the car!

Before you watch Cake Bliss on Cake Wars on Halloween, get to know a bit more about the Michigan-born owner and master baker behind Arlington's latest gourmet treat stop!

Everything Arlington: What made you decide to open a bakery in the Arlington area?
Cake Bliss: I'm originally from Michigan, but we've been here for nine years. I've developed great relationships with past clients and it only seemed right that I'd open a place in this area. A perfect space opened up in Pantego, and I jumped on it.

EA: What is your vision for Cake Bliss?
CB: I want Cake Bliss to be what people in this area think of first when they think custom cakes. I want them to know that the work is beautiful, but the taste is delicious too!




EA: How did you first get into baking?
CB: I'm an RN by trade. Funny story is that I started taking cake decorating classes at the same time that I started nursing school. I've been doing both ever since, but this year I decided to stay home and focus on the cakes. Then later on I decided to open the retail space.

EA: What is your favorite cake? And what is your favorite cake to make?
CB: My absolute favorite cake is German Chocolate Cake. It's a more involved cake, and it tastes amazing! My favorite thing to make is the chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Mostly because of the reaction. Most people aren't too sure about it, but when they taste it... It never fails!

Short and sweet:

Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate but ONLY with peanut butter. Otherwise vanilla.

Whipped or buttercream frosting? Cream cheese

Sweet or savory? Sweet of course, but even better with salty... Like salted caramel.

To have Cake Bliss design the perfect sweet treat for your next event, contact her at 682.220.9296.

www.cakeblisstexas.com

facebook.com/cakeblisstexas



All images used with permission and taken from Cake Bliss' Facebook page.







No comments:

Post a Comment