Sunday, May 6, 2018

Hopdoddy's Euless: your new burger obsession awaits!

Burger fan?



That was a kind of a joke. I mean, we live in Texas. Who ISN'T a burger fan?! (well, to be honest, I'm not. I haven't eaten beef in a decade now. But my husband, a born and bred Texan, loves burgers. So I'm a burger fan by default, really)



I've always loved places that make a mean burger, black bean or otherwise. I love Smashburger and Jake's Burgers and my husband swears by In N Out. But I had honestly never heard of Hopdoddy's Burger Bar, which is based in Austin, before. They have a location on West 7th in Fort Worth and one coming in Southlake in June.



Their newest location in Euless at Glade Road and 121 (about a 25 minute drive from my house near Lake Arlington) just opened Friday night. And. It. Rocks.



They have burgers (made with fantastic beef) doctored all kinds of ways. With mushrooms. With truffle aioli. With salsa. They even have a burger called the Goodnight/Good Cause, where $1 of each $8.25 burger goes an awesome charity in Texas. So. Great. And, for non-beer eaters like me, they have a chicken sandwich and a fantastic black bean burger that will fill you up and make you leave happy!



To be honest, though, I'm more of a French Fry girl, myself. I love my (veggie) burgers, but take away my fries and we'll have issues. Good thing Hopdoddy's does delicious sweet potato fries! And parmesan truffle fries. And chili cheese fries. Just... all the fries. We tried their Kennebec Fries and their Sweet Potato Fries and I'm telling you, you simply cannot go wrong here. (And for those of you that just want a salad because healthy, you can order those, too!)



My girls were smitten with the milk shakes. Oldest chose Root Beer Float (I don't even like root beer and this was YUM), middle chose Vanilla Birthday Cake (so good!) and youngest chose Smores (also a stellar choice). To say they left happy is a total understatement!



Have I mentioned yet that Hopdoddy's has a full bar, too? I didn't? Huh. Must've slipped my mind...



The icing on the cake was the chalk wall that kept my girls happy for the better part of 30 minutes while my husband and I chatted with the managers and enjoyed one another's company. Behind the door marked for the women's restroom (but before you actually enter the bathroom, which has another door and then two stalls), there is a small hallway with wall-to-wall chalk paint and a shelf loaded with chalk. Encourage my kids to draw on things that aren't paper and you've won them over for life!



But really- this place rocks. The prices are completely reasonable, especially considering the caliber of food served. The atmosphere is laid-back and friendly (would you expect anything else from an Austin-based company?). The soda machine pours out delicious, fair trade drinks from Maine Root Sodas and the servers refill your drinks quickly and frequently (although you do stand in line and order your own food before you are seated and things are brought directly to your table.)



Go check out this place! Try the black bean burger and the sweet potato fries! And be sure to mention how great one of these places would be in the Arlington/Mansfield area...


No comments:

Post a Comment