Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Family Dinnertime at Genghis Grill!

I love going out to eat places where the experience is interactive.

And no, I'm not referring to places where my kids can go and run and act like wild monkeys on the indoor playareas while I beg them to eat. 

I mean places where I do more than just read a few items off of a menu and try to decide whether or not I will like every single item in that dish.

Enter Genghis Grill here. 



An interactive dining experience where you can create your own meal!



And the Genghis Grill at the Arlington Highlands has been newly remodeled, making it a spot you have got to try out for lunch or dinner!

I took my hungry crew (three kids, two grandparents and one exhausted preggo!) Thursday for dinner. I hadn't been to a Genghis Grill in years, honestly, and my girls and parents had never been.



The restaurant was busy but not packed, and we were able to be seated immediately. Coloring sheets and crayons were presented to my girls and drink menus to each of the adults (sad face there!). From there, a server came over and explained the entire dining process to us. Drinks are now self-serve, and, after you select what size bowl you want, you create your own meal!



My girls each grabbed a small bowl and raced up to the counter to customize their meals. So many options! You start by selecting your protein, and man do you have options! Steak, chicken, pork, tofu, bacon, the list goes on. My youngest chose chicken, my middle daughter chose shrimp and my oldest chose steak. I chose chicken, myself.



After you put your raw meat in your bowl, you pick a spice for your meat. Once you sprinkle on your favorite spice, you get to pack the bowl down with all the veggies! From bean sprouts to mushrooms and peas to water chestnuts (with a few fruits mixed in for variety), you can load your bowl down with yummy-looking veggies before selecting your sauce. I'm totally a teriyaki girl, so I went with Island Teriyaki.



After you build your bowl, you give the employee working the line your name and tell him or her if you'd prefer rice or noodles with your bowl. After you've made your selection, you can head back to your seat- or watch your food prepared before you!

My girls loved watching the people working the grill pour their bowls onto the hot surface to prepare the food. They each took turns guessing whose food was where on the grill and loved seeing it flipped and stirred until it was ready to be plated and served!



After your food is ready, your server brings it back to you. If you are good with chopsticks, you can enjoy your meal that way. The restaurant had chopstick trainers available for my girls, who loved trying to eat their food with chopsticks! I personally stuck to a fork.



The food was such a reasonable price- $9.99 for a small bowl (perfect for kids!) or $12.99 for a regular bowl, which is the perfect portion, in my opinion. Genghis Grill also has a variety of appetizers and desserts available for purchase. 

We loved our dinner at Genghis Grill, and my girls can't wait to go back. My oldest has already been plotting out what combination of foods she will try in her bowl next time!



*disclaimer- I did receive a free dinner for my family in exchange for my review and promotion. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment