Thursday, September 2, 2021

A New Reading Adventure: The Cities of Adventure Series by Rishi Piparaiya

I love to travel. And I love to read. 

So when I discovered the Cities of Adventure series by Rishi Piparaiya, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a few books! 

Books about travel have such a special place in my heart because I think they help you visualize places you maybe haven't personally experienced. I admit, one of my favorite things about Dan Brown's books (Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code) is reading about Robert Langdon racing through some of my favorite cities in Europe, uncovering secrets. I've been to the Vatican before, but Angels & Demons made me want to race back to Rome and rediscover some of the areas Dan Brown discusses in the novel with the information the book provided. I love when reading and real life intersect!

A new reading adventure: exciting stories for young readers



Cities of Adventure books
The Cities of Adventure Books by Rishi Piparaiya. 


These new adventure books, available on Amazon, are that intersection of travel and adventure for kids. My middle daughter, my most avid reader of my three, sped through these great chapter books, embarking on a city-wide adventure in three major metropolitan areas around the world. 

The Race to Phar Lap's Saddle follows kids Neil and Tara through this exciting Australian City as the kids find themselves on mission to recover a stolen artifact. The book includes a kid-friendly map of the city, as well as travel tips, some differences between American English and Australian English and lots of cool facts about the land down under.

Cities of Adventure Book: Melbourne
Cities of Adventure: The Race to Phar Lap's Saddle.



Framed in Hollywood tells the tale of a famed and framed Hollywood actress. Sally Sinclair is a well-known actress who is accused of committing a crime on the set of her latest film. Is she guilty? Or innocent? The books incorporates some of my favorite spots in Los Angeles- Rodeo Drive, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Sunset Boulevard. You can also learn cool facts about the US and some of your favorite celebrities in the back of this fun book. 

Cities of Adventure: Hollywood
Cities of Adventure: Framed in Hollywood



The Secret of the Snallygaster takes place in our nation's capitol, Washington D.C. Tara and Neil, the tale's star brother and sister duo, are on vacation in DC when a long-hidden family secret is revealed. The secret turns their vacation on its head, and the duo race to save a mysterious and magical creature, the snallygaster. We loved reading the tidbits about America in the back of the book and my middle daughter is mapping out all of the places she wants to go visit in Washington thanks to this book. 

There is already a fourth book out about New York City that we haven't read yet, called The Men from B.A.G.E.L. These books are all available on Amazon for $12.99. I am not an Amazon affiliate, so I don't stand to gain anything if you purchase through the links I've provided. There are more books coming in this series about cities all over the world. What a fun way to expose your kids to new cities and cultures and foster their love of reading!

Cities of Adventure Books
Showing off a city map in a Cities of Adventure book from Amazon.



I did receive these books for free in exchange for my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment