Monday, December 26, 2016

Surprise Ride... Entertainment in a Box!

Tell me it isn't just my kids...

They wake up Christmas morning at some ridiculous hour to mountains of presents under the tree, and by noon they are already bored and asking what they are going to do all day...
That's right. My kids were already bored by lunch time with all of the new toys they had to have from Santa. Noon. I hadn't even finished my second cup of coffee before they were asking where we were going and what we were doing.


Luckily, a few weeks back, I saw an ad for Surprise Ride on Facebook and decided to try it out. (No, I did NOT receive anything for free from this company. I'm simply writing to tell you all about an awesome product I found!)

Surprise Ride was actually featured on Shark Tank (freaking love that show... And Mark Cuban!), but
I learned about it through the wonders of Facebook advertising. Surprise Ride is a monthly subscription box- something that seems to be all the rage right now. But this one is targeted toward your kiddos, and it includes multiple activities, games and reading materials based on a central theme that intrigue your littles!


The box we received was Polar Bear themed, which was perfect to please all three of my monkeys, ages 3, 4 and 7. Our particular box included a bracelet, game, two activities, info packet, snack and book, all themed around polar bears. My girls seriously loved it!



We started by eating our snack while reading the instructions and the handout with interesting facts about polar bears (did you know that polar bears can be up to 11 feet tall and weight between 700 to 1400 pounds?!). The snack was a freeze-dried ice cream sandwich... A true novelty! They gobbled this up while learning that polar bears actually have black skin but it appears white because it reflects visible light (who knew?). They also took turns playing the small plastic ring game that was included in the box.



After a tiny squabble over who got to wear the Surprise Ride bracelet (my girls fight over EVERYTHING), we dove into the first craft- creating a Polar Bear habitat! This was a slower activity, as it involved water beads, but we filled a bowl with water beads and water and set them aside to expand into a "polar bear habitat." (We've never done water beads before. We are all enthralled. We will be buying more of these STAT.)




Secondly, we created a polar bear coaster out of wood and pom poms. The pom poms were meant to simulate the soft pads on a polar bear's paws, and the girls had fun using glue and making a mess because why not? This craft also included a package of hot chocolate, which I made and consumed myself (shh... Don't tell my girls!).



Lastly, we started on the polar bear story that was included for us, entitled "Polar Bears Past Bedtime" (part of the Magic Tree House series), but we quickly discovered this book was geared toward slightly older kids and decided to check on our water beads, which were getting bigger and delighting my girls.



Overall, this box entertained us for about 45 minutes, which is an eternity where my 3 and 4 year olds are concerned. The activities were appropriate for all three of my girls, and I love that the box went beyond just crafts and included snacks, a small game and a book, as well.



I have tried other monthly subscription boxes with my girls, and I've been most impressed with this one. Today's offer is $5 off any box, and most boxes (there are so many fantastic-looking ones to choose from! China! Amelia Earhart! Smile!) cost $30. You can buy one box or sign up for a subscription. My Facebook offer was one box free, just pay shipping, which was $5.95. I love this deal. This box was well worth the $5.95 I paid. Truth be told, it's well worth significantly more than that. I'm usually the person who will try any offer that has a great intro deal and then cancel when the price goes up... But this is one I will probably keep.

Because it was awesome.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment