Sunday, June 25, 2017

Pearachute Kids: A way to explore the Metroplex!

When I first joined Pearachute, I loved the concept.

Because if I’m honest, my kids are typical, well, kids.

They love ballet for two weeks and then decide they’d rather be ninja warriors. By the time I finish signing up for karate classes (and selling off all the ballet garb!), they’ve decided to become rockstars and begin begging for guitars and karaoke machines.

So Pearachute offered us the opportunity to pursue ALL their passions, no matter how frequently those passions change! They could be ballerinas and black belts and Olympic swimmers- and then next week we could find something new!

Once I discovered Pearachute enabled my kids to be explorers, I then discovered how truly vast the Metroplex actually is. I’m fantastic at navigating my own little neck of the DFW woods, but I found that there are so many amazing classes if I was willing to drive just a little further than normal.
And so, to maximize my Pearachute membership, I started making “field trips” all over town, stacking classes and open play times together, and mapping out fantastic lunch spots in between! This has allowed my adventurous girls and me the opportunity to pop into classes we didn’t know existed, play in open play spaces that were otherwise “too far to drive” and expand their horizons beyond the comfort of our own backyard.


For example, we recently did a weekday in North Dallas/Plano. We started with a morning class at Kid’s Garden Club, where the girls got to shake and groove to lots of of-the-minute songs while listening to stories or shaking instruments. We then stopped off for a lunch at a nearby McDonald’s with a playscape we hadn’t played in before! Then we headed off to open swim at Aquafit in Plano, where the girls got to glide like fishes through the water and play with toys provided. Lastly we headed over to Jump Mania in Plano, where the girls were able to run and play and bounce out all their late-afternoon energy and I was able to sit and relax with free Wifi and a cup of coffee. It was a wonderful day filled with new-to-them activities, most of which I wouldn’t have known about without Pearachute!


Last week we did a day in the Southlake area and experienced some of the offerings there. We started with open play at Small World, Big Imagination, an incredible play space that allows my girls to create and dream and play. They crafted at the creation spot and fished from the play canoe and put on a puppet show at the theater. When we finished there, we headed to Central Market, where the girls got their pick of yummy food and got to play with other kiddos on the outdoor playspace. From there we headed to Sweet and Sassy, where the girls got their hair cut and styled in a fun way. They loved watching Moana as the hair stylists braided their hair into gorgeous plaits and then topped off their visit with suckers. Lastly, we rounded out our day with more open play time at Peek N Play in Grapevine. We built a Lego castle, played with their large foam blocks and then the girls played in the ball pit while I sat down in the “mommy area” with coffee and my email!



In the Fort Worth area, we are mapping out a day that includes a soccer lesson at Game On and then open play at The Happy Lark. On the south side of town, we are planning a day where the girls attend a dance class at A Persons Legacy of Dance in Pantego and then check out a tumbling class at The Little Gym of Arlington/Mansfield. There is always a nearby McDonald’s or Central Market- or a splash pad to visit (check out Don Misenheimer in Arlington after you visit Little Gym in Mansfield or Dove Park in Grapevine after you hit up Peek N Play!), if you want to pack a sack lunch.

Pearachute has so many amazing classes… Get out there! Explore! Experience! Enjoy!


Get your first month on www.pearachutekids.com for $1 (3 class pass) with code StephanieJ2017

No comments:

Post a Comment