Friday, July 27, 2018

Partake Foods: Your New Favorite Allergy-Friendly Treat!

I have a wicked sweet tooth.

Like, an extreme I'm-eating-cookie-butter-with-a-spoon-as-I-type-this sweet tooth that keeps me craving sweet things day and night.

So when Partake Foods (www.partakefoods.com) asked me to sample its new line of allergy-friendly cookies, my only question was "How soon?"



Partake Foods was started by a mother (whose husband just happens to be from Arlington- a Martin High School graduate!) who had concerns about what she was feeding her daughter. After learning her daughter had food allergies, she set out to find healthy, allergy-friendly snacks. What she found was that there were limited products on the market that didn't contain common allergens or lots of processed junk- or worse yet, both! So, she made her own.

Partake Foods Mini Cookies are free of the top allergens, including nuts, egg, dairy and soy. They are also non-GMO verified, gluten free and certified Vegan. Wow! Talk about a clean cookie! My kids don't have food allergies, but I do know food allergies are on the rise. Some say food allergies could affect as many as 1 in 10 kids by the year 2020.



So I worry. I worry about what snacks I send with my kids to places such as school, camp, after-school activities. I recently read a viral article about a girl with severe peanut allergies passing away because she mistook an unsafe food product for a safe one. What if my kiddos accidentally and innocently share unsafe products with someone who is allergic?

Enter Partake Foods Mini Cookies- a snack I can send basically anywhere with my kiddos without worry!

But my next thought was, of course, what do they taste like? My husband literally said, "If all that stuff isn't in those cookies, what is?" (the short answer, ingredients such as organic cane sugar, gluten free flour blend, lentil protein and more) Again, I'm not someone with much experience firsthand with food allergies. But I did text the nutrition label to two friends whose sons have food allergies, and both said the labels on these cookies looked great!



All that was left, then, was the taste test. I dove happily in to the box of Sprouted Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies- and I loved Every. Single. Bite! My oldest tried two and said that she, too, thought they were delicious! I don't think my oldest would mind one bit if these cookies starting showing up in her lunchbox once school starts! (School is going to start soon, right? Right?!)

I then asked my friend Melina if she and her son would try some cookies. Her son has allergies to nuts and some seeds, so she has more experience with allergy-friendly foods. Here is what she had to say after sampling the Carrot Oat and Sweet Potato Millet Cookies:



"While both are similar in texture and taste, my 7-year-old gobbled up the Carrot Oat cookies. They had a slightly sweeter taste. I do have to say, BOTH packages were gobbled up with 24 hours, so really they were both enjoyed by all, but we preferred Carrot Oat.

They are crisp (similar to a ginger snap cookie) and have the feeling of eating a healthy cookie. They taste good and are not overly sweet."

These cookies are now available at Whole Foods all over DFW- including the North Arlington location!

Enjoy these tasty treats and your weekend!


Please note: I did receive compensation for my review. All thoughts and comments are my own (or that of friends who assisted me in this article). 

1 comment:

  1. Try your Instant maggi pazzta cheesy tomato . Pazzta is made of Semolina / Rawa/ suji which is healthy for all.

    You can try Instant maggi pazzta cheesy tomato twist. Pazzta is made of Semolina / Rawa/ suji which is healthy for all.

    Try Red Label Tea, a healthy beverage as your morning tea, which also aid your immunity. red label tea has the proper caffeine content.

    ReplyDelete