Thursday, November 29, 2018

An Enchanting Holiday: Our Evening at Enchant Christmas!

I am so glad that Enchant Christmas is back in Arlington again this year.

I was able to go twice last year, and I sincerely loved the experience.

The light maze is just like something out of a cheesy Lifetime movie, and I just can't get enough of it! Watching my girls glide through the maze in search of the items on the treasure hunt list is one of those memories that will last a lifetime!



This year Enchant Christmas is inside Globe Life Park. We parked at Texas Live (cost to park is $10, although if there are other events going on in the area, the cost may be higher) and entered the Ballpark near Homebase. There is a gorgeous TEXAS light display out front, and a larger-than-life lighted reindeer greets you upon entrance. The magic begins immediately!



There are vendors along the perimeter of the park, allowing you to get some Christmas shopping done before or after you enjoy the maze. You can also visit Santa and snap photos with your own camera! You can also purchase professional photos onsite. The Santa at Enchant is fabulous, and my crazy girls loved telling him about all the things they want this Christmas! There is food for purchase at the concession stands around the ballpark, as well as adult beverages. There is a stage for live music with great local artists performing periodically.



Once you make your way down to the field, however, the magic truly begins. You are greeted by "snow" to set the mood, and given a postcard to begin your journey through the maze. Eddie the Mischievous Elf has misplaced some toys for girls and boys on Santa's Nice List, and Santa needs our help to find them. My girls spun in circles trying to locate a massive toy airplane and giant lighted Teddy Bear. They screamed delightedly each time they located one of the eight missing toys.



I tried furiously to keep up with them and begged them to stop sporadically to capture gorgeous photos. There was a walk-through area with hanging lights that took gorgeous pictures as well as cute holiday sayings on gorgeous fake greenery that showed up well in photos (You had me at Ho Ho Ho was my personal favorite!). I could have snapped photos for days!



My girls have been taking ice skating lessons at Parks Mall for about six months now, so they couldn't wait to get out on the ice! This year, instead of a traditional circular rink, Enchant features an ice skating trail that is roughly 8,500 square feet! It is shaped in a loop, similar to a lazy river! My girls loved circling the ice as many times as they possibly good. Skate rentals are provided on site for $10. If you bring your own skates, ice skating is free!



Tickets for Enchant vary in price depending on what day you go. Kids three and under are free! There are lots of discounted options available at enchantchristmas.com.

Tips and Tricks Before You Go:

1. Check the weather and dress accordingly. We picked a warm night to attend and I lugged heavy jackets we didn't need around the ballpark! We could have skipped them! But the ballpark isn't climate controlled, so if it's cool, bring your coat!

2. Allow at least two hours to enjoy the experience. I'm telling you- I had to drag my kids off the ice. I wish we had gone on a weekend night when I wouldn't have had to worry about getting the girls home and in bed!

3. See Santa! Especially if the line isn't long. He's great, and the photos, even just from my iPhone, are stunning!

4. Bring your camera! I use my phone but I brought my backup battery just in case. I would have cried if my phone had died because I was taking too many pictures!

5. Enjoy!

**Disclaimer: I did receive complimentary admission to Enchant's media night in exchange for my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment