Monday, May 24, 2021

Best Spots for Kids Haircuts in the Fort Worth Area

My girls love going to the salon for a haircut. They love feeling grown up and selecting a new hair do. And who doesn't? I admit I love having someone else wash and style my hair... Despite all of my best efforts (and a bevy of haircare products!), I can never replicate for myself the magic my stylist performs when she takes my medium brown, frizzy, string-straight locks and transforms them into shiny blond curls. Simply amazing!

For my girls through the years, we've bounced back and forth between getting cuts from regular salons and going to places that cater to kids. My oldest, almost 12, is getting "too cool" for kid spots, but my youngest, 7, still enjoys sitting in a car chair and watching cartoons while a stylist clips off her split ends and brings her curls back to life.

If you're looking for a spot in the greater Fort Worth area that caters to kids' cuts, I've made a spectacular list for you! While I'm not a master stylist, I do consider myself a master braider! And if you are looking for tips on how to braid long hair, please check out my article I did for Zulily here!

French braiding hair takes practice... But once you get the hang of it, it's fun to create braids in your child's hair!



Where to Get your Kiddo an Awesome Haircut in the Fort Worth Area

- Sweet & Sassy Southlake-  Boy moms, take note! Sweet & Sassy is not just for girls! This sweet spot will treat your kiddo to a hair cut and a lollipop- glitter optional. Sign up for their email updates and get alerts about days when cuts go on sale- they frequently do promos where you can get a cut for your child's age! Nothing beats a $7 haircut for my youngest that comes with a fancy braid and glitter hair spray at the end. This spot is our favorite for kids' haircuts in the Fort Worth area.

- Sharkey's Cuts for Kids- With locations in Watauga and Southlake, Sharkey's Cuts for a Kids is a great option for kids haircuts in Fort Worth. Kids can watch television or play XBox while an expert stylist transform their locks. You can schedule appointments online to get your kiddo's haircut and then stop by the train-stop McDonald's I post about regularly for lunch or a snack. Perfect summertime afternoon for you and the kids!

- Cookie Cutters Haircuts for Kids- This salon has two locations in the area- Burleson and west Fort Worth. Kids can pick which "car chair" they sit in to get their hair done as well as choose from a wide selection of games and shows to watch during the process. This salon is also great for special needs kids. Book your appointment online at their website or on their app. 

- Pigtails & Crewcuts- You can drop into this spot for so much more than just a haircut for your kiddo... Get mom or dad a haircut during your visit. Or ask about ear piercing! Pigtails and Crewcuts, located next to Sprouts in Southlake, is very clean with friendly staff that listens to what your kiddo's want in terms of a hair cut. 

- Cool Cuts 4 Kids- Located near Hulen Mall, this Fort Worth salon caters to kids- but also offers styles for the whole family at great prices. The salon features "entertainment zones" for kids who aren't interested in sitting still very long. Plus, they carry Original Sprout products, one of my favorite lines of kids' products ever! 

- KaZaam's Kutz for All Ages- This Arlington spot is perfect for kiddos! It's located on Cooper Street inside Whitehaven Studio. Cuts are only $21 and kids can sit in a salon chair that looks like Lightning McQueen from Disney's Cars. Inexpensive and convenient... Score!

Where is your favorite spot to take your kiddo for a haircut in the Fort Worth area? 



Where to get a kid's hair cut in the Fort Worth area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment