Monday, August 9, 2021

Plant Life: The Best Places to Buy Plants in the Arlington Area

 So... I'm not great with plants. I have noble intentions every year of being an honorable plant mom, whose home is filled with leafy greens hanging from curtain rods and decorating table tops. I know they are good for people in so many ways- seeing them is supposed to help reduce anxiety and so many other great things. 

But I just usually forget to water them until its too late. Or I remember, like, every day for about two weeks, and I over-water them, which, as it turns out, isn't so great for plants either. Really, I can't win.

But I just did an article for Zulily about house plants- best ones for beginners, best plants for indoors, best plants for outdoors- so I'm starting off my next round of plant ownership totally inspired. I can keep babies and pets alive! Plants shouldn't be that difficult for me.


Plant party! Or... the level of plant ownership I aspire to...

So I've been shopping around, trying to determine which plants would do well in home. Which will achieve my desired look, which will flourish in my home (I have a surprisingly dark first floor because of a combination of low ceilings and lots of trees!) and which plants need the least amount of water in case I (unintentionally, obviously!) forget to water them. I also probably need some, um, professional guidance, in all of this. SO, I've put together a list of the top five places in the Arlington area to go to for plant advice and gorgeous greenery. Because plants are pretty.


Trying to teach my daughter about the benefits of plant ownership. 


Top 5 Spots in the Arlington Area to Buy Plants

1. Green's Produce and Plants. This Arkansas Lane shop is hardly a secret, but it is one of my favorite places to shop in the area for produce and plants! I love wandering this shop when I have extra time or need dinner inspiration. Plus they host an awesome pumpkin-themed free activity every fall that my kids go gaga for. Love this local business!

2. Pat's Plants and Gifts. This local Grand Prairie plant stop will help get your started on your journey to being a plant parent. Grab everything from greenery to pretty pots to fun yard decor here. 

3. The Tree Place. I can't tell you how many times I've driven past this spot on I-20 with the intention of stopping and staying a while. Here you can snag trees, plants, vegetables, herbs and flowers and more. 

4. Mansfield Gardens. Your one-stop shop for gorgeous flowers in the Mansfield area, this garden retailer offers a variety of plants and greenery for your garden. Sign up for their emails to receive specials right in your inbox!

5. Calloway's Nursery. Calloway's may not be a local spot like the other nurseries on this list, but let me tell you why I love Calloway's. Number one- they host an amazing fall festival each October where your kids can get free pumpkins, free snacks and free face-painting. We have attended yearly since my kids were babies and it always feels like fall when we head to Calloway's! Number two- they've done great, free Girl Scout programming for me through the years. I love love love Calloway's! Plus, there are two Arlington locations and one in Mansfield, meaning it isn't a far drive no matter where in the area you live! 

Flowers! 


What is your favorite spot for flowers and plants in the Arlington area?

No comments:

Post a Comment