Wednesday, October 9, 2019

A Day Date at Frozen Junior: Supporting Local Children's Theaters

I don't mean to brag, but I won the best actress award at my middle school some years ago (I won't go into detail about how many). So, basically, I'm a really great actress.
Ha! If only.
But I did grow up participating in lots of plays with my local children's' theater back in Illinois. Whether I had speaking lines or was in the chorus, I loved everything about being in a play. I made so many friends, learned about working together for the greater good and loved when younger kids looked up to me and whatever character I was portraying.
Now my girls get the privilege of attending a fine arts academy and have been exposed to theater from a young age. My oldest is currently participating in her school play and completely admires all of the kids who were cast as main characters.
We got the chance to support The Firehouse Theatre in Farmer's Branch on Sunday when we went to see Frozen Jr. 


My girls were in awe from start to finish watching these actors and actresses on stage.
The theater is located right off of 35 in an old firehouse and is super easy to find. It took us about 35 minutes to get there from Arlington. There is an adorable area out front to snap photos to commemorate your experience. Tickets to this show are $12 each.


Once inside, you can grab food from the concession stand to take with you to watch the show. Because what's a performance (or movie) without popcorn and a Sprite? We were even offered blankets once inside the theater so we wouldn't be cold. Now that's going above and beyond!


I love bringing my girls to Disney Junior plays because they are just the right length for kids. Frozen Jr was about an hour and a half including intermission and filled with song and dance. There were actors of all ages on stage- my oldest commented multiple times how much she would have loved to be part of the cast!
Everyone on stage was animated and very talented. Even better, they all appeared to having as much fun performing as we were having watching them! The young actress who portrays Anna is simply stellar to watch. She sang beautifully and added the perfect amount of silliness to her character. Kristoff, my favorite character from the original movie, was likewise an excellent actor. His theatrics and well-delivered lines made him fun to watch for kids and adults alike.
Afterward, the cast sticks around for a meet and greet with show attendees. My girls loved snapping a photo with the main characters, even if they did act shy once we were up close and personal!


Supporting local theaters such as these is such a great way to support your local community! Attend a show and compliment the actors afterward. Make a monetary donation if you are able. Encourage your kids to get involved. If you have talents you can lend to the theaters, do so! We can't wait to attend another show at this theater! (I'm also now super pumped for the new Frozen movie to come out next month!)
If Farmer's Branch is too far for you to drive, consider checking out The Artisan Theater in Hurst or Kennedale Community Theater, both of which have options for the budding actor or actress in your life!

*I was given free tickets to this show in exchange for my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment