Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Maintaining a Clean Home: 5 Services to Hire Out in the Arlington Area

I'm a terrible housekeeper. 

There. I said it. It is what it is. 

I will happily hammer out five SEO-friendly articles in a day. Drive the kids to Little Elm (or across state lines) for a fun activity? I'm your girl! Volunteer with various organizations and provide value and service? On it! 

But ask me to clean my shower (like my husband literally did yesterday) and I will find 500 things that need to be done before I am able (and willing) to complete this task.

Like I said. Terrible housekeeper. 

I did just do an article for Zulily, though, about 20 Spring Clean Hacks I Learned on Instagram, and I have tried them all out myself! Once. But hey- if you're a better housekeeper than I am, there are truly some great tips in the article. Please click over and read it!

But, in writing that article, I started to wonder what services could be hired out. I hate cleaning, so I sometimes hire a housekeeper. But, there are a myriad of other things I hate doing (like laundry. Because based on the amount currently sitting in my laundry room, I'm genuinely wondering if there are people living in my house who I don't know about). But guess what? There are people I can pay to wash, dry and fold those piles of clothing for me. Brilliant!


Hire someone to do your laundry, pick up your dog's poop, clean your car and more.


5 Services to Hire Out in the Arlington Area

So here we are. Five household chores that you might not want to do that you can pay someone else to do for you! You're supporting a local business, checking one item off your to-do list and just generally freeing up some time that you would have had to allocate to that task. Because time is money. And you are worth a lot more than you give yourself credit for!

Laundry service: I can't even find the time to wash most of the fitted sheets in my house, let alone figure out how to fold them! This is money well spent on my end. Having someone literally air out my dirty laundry sounds brilliant! Check out Top Drawer Laundry to have your someone else deal with your dirty laundry!

Dog Mess Cleanup: When I was younger, my mom used to pay my brothers and me to clean up the dog poop in the backyard. I hated it. Our dog wasn't even that big and yet the amount of poop he could generate was insane! Eventually she started hiring the neighbor kids because my brothers and I all refused to do the job, even if we were paid to do it. Today I would happily pay someone else to clean up dog poop because I really can't think of anything I'd rather do less than clean up poop! Try Poop911 to take this messy task off your plate. 

Mobile Car Detailing: My husband consistently detests the state of my car. I always remind him how much running around I do with the girls- and how often we find ourselves eating in the car, even though it's a bad habit. I'm trying to be better about cleaning out the car regularly and wiping down the interior. But sometimes it's just one more thing to do and I'm out of time (and energy. And desire, quite frankly). Enter mobile detailing. Let someone come to you and scrub your car until it shines! Mobile car detailing is brilliant. Try Savvy Mobile Detail to have a clean car without the having to clean it yourself bit! 

Declutter the House: What is it about kids and chaos? It is so hard to stay on top of the clutter in my house... The kids come home every day with piles of stuff (where does it even come from?!) but it takes me ages to wade through it and get rid of the stuff we simply can't keep. When we moved last summer it was a true struggle to figure out what should stay and what should go. Sometimes you just need a neutral third party to remind you of which items are worthy of a spot in your home and which ones need to find their way to the local charity drop. Try Lisa's Chaos Coordinators if you, like me, need a little help to get out from under all the stuff! If you have baby gear that you no longer need but are hoping to get some money back on some of your big ticket items, try Good Buy Gear- they will come grab your gear, sell it for you, and give you back a portion of the selling price! 

Grocery Shopping: I think I'm one of the total weirdos who actually doesn't mind grocery shopping. Don't get me wrong- no matter how many times I make my list and check it twice I always make it home without some much-needed item, but, that's just because I'm me. But I don't mind wandering the aisles at Target and then telling my husband the ridiculously-high bill included nothing but essentials (three new tops and a new throw pillow are essential, thankyouverymuch). Mostly, though, I love strolling up and down the aisles, discovering new products and new dinner short cuts. I love finding new items to add to the pantry. Also, I love going to the grocery store solo and then claiming the line at checkout was stupidly long and that's why it took so long. If anyone tells my husband that I spent an hour just sitting in the clothing section, scrolling my phone, well, then, we can't be friends. But, if you aren't like me and hate the grocery store, no worries! Try Shipt or Instacart to have your groceries come to you. 

What household errands do you hire out? I love to find new ways to lessen my load at home!







No comments:

Post a Comment