Monday, July 12, 2021

Get Back-To-School Ready with Zulily!

Are you ready to start thinking about back to school?

No?

Don't worry- I'm not either! 

But the reality is that we are only about five weeks from Arlington ISD's 2021-2022 school year start date (I'm only panicking thismuch because I'm the incoming PTA President. Who thought that was a good idea?!), and all of my favorite stores are already stocked with all the folders, backpacks and pencils my kids could possibly request. I'm starting to look at dates for spirit nights for fall and combing through my kids' wardrobes to determine where there are gaps that will need to be filled before we can head back to school. ("Don't worry, Mom," my oldest has said. "I don't need any shoes. I just plan to wear the ones of yours that I like this year." Thank goodness my tween hates ballet flats because she is tough on shoes and I'm pretty partial to my not-especially-cheap Rothy's...)

Yes, back to school is officially on the horizon (remember how I said in my Fourth of July post that Independence Day always feels like the turning point of summer? Just sayin'...), and the time to start prepping backpacks, supplies and wardrobes in now. Texas Tax-Free Weekend for back to school items that cost less than $100 is August 6-8, 2021. Get out your calendar and take note, friends! 

#UniquelyZu

Get Ready for Back-to-School with Zulily

I love shopping for back-to-school clothes with my kids. I may have three girls, but I have three girls with vastly different styles (and personalities)! My tween loves oversized tshirts (especially if they have the name or logo of her favorite tv show on them) and leggings. Her born-in-the-80s Mom is so proud! My middle daughter is all about patterns and bright colors. And Converse sneakers. She loves Converse sneakers in all colors and patterns! My youngest is all about spunk and sass. She still like goofy animals on her shirts and won't shy away from dresses like my other two. She'd wear wedges to school every day if I would let her, and she loves a good strappy sandal. I love helping each of them curate their own back-to-school looks that flaunt their awesome personalities. 

This year, Zulily is rolling out an incredible contest for any kiddo who is excited to curate their own looks for back to school! Your kiddo can enter to win some amazing prizes simply by designing or dreaming up an outfit that is as individual as they are. Have them comb through the closet or dust off their colored pencils or bust out some magazines for inspiration. There are several ways to enter and six chances to win!

Is your child constantly mixing and maxing different styles and patterns to create a unique look? Does your child love to doodle different designs of clothes they'd love to make and wear? If this sounds like your kiddo, you need to enter them in Zulily's new Back-to-School #UniquelyZu Contest!

#zulilycontest


Zulily's Back to School Contest is for the young designer, fashion-loving kiddo or stylish guy or gal in your life.

Your fashion-loving friend can enter the contest by creating a fresh, unique fashion style that is totally theirs. They can get creative with how they create! Their entry can be a flat lay, a sketch, a collage, a mood board- whatever works for them! Simply dream up the design and snap a photo of it to upload. Then you can post their design to Instagram using the hashtags #zulilycontest and #UniquelyZu to enter!

Your budding designer can win $5,000 toward their education, a $1,000 shopping credit to Zulily and a bonus opportunity to co-inspire a new capsule collection for 2022.

A chance to co-create a capsule collection for 2022? How cool is that? My youngest would go gaga for a chance to let her mind create sparkly, sassy, totally blinged-out dresses that make a statement. 

Six kids will win. Once your child has created their fashion masterpiece and you've posted it on Instagram, please fill out this form to complete the submission process. Entries must be received by 7/31/2021. Public voting on designs will begin on 8/11/2021 and end on 8/18/2021. The child who enters the contest must be between ages 5 and 14, although the person who submits the photo and entry must be over the age of 18 and must be the parent or legal guardian of the kid whose drawing or creation they are submitting. 

To view the complete rules for the contest, click here

To help your child get their creative juices flowing, head over to Zulily's Back-to-School Shop, which is filled with lots of great basics, trendy pieces and must-have items that will have your kiddo excited to be back in the classroom this fall. 


Get ready for back-to-school with Zulily


Be sure and let me know if you enter- I'll be following the hashtags to keep my eyes on the prize, I mean, winning designs! I'd love the kiddo of an Everything Arlington reader to be one of the winners. I also love that Zulily is encouraging kids to get creative as summer winds down. I've still got a few goodies to giveaway to my readers and one more big trip to take with the kids before we officially declare Summer 2021 over, but I do love the routines and schedules that back-to-school usually ushers into our routine-resistant household. 

What are your plans for the final summer countdown?

No comments:

Post a Comment