Friday, April 16, 2021

Summer Camp Round-Up! 10 Summer Camps for Kids in the Arlington Area

Looking for Summer Camps in the Arlington Area? Everything Arlington has you covered!


I grew up going to a sleep-away camp in East Troy, Wisconsin. I started there when I was 8 and didn't know anyone. I was a fairly shy kid, so, I must have loved it to ask my mom to send me every year. But I went back every summer, and, at 14, I became an LIT (Leader in Training). During high school I was an ACL (assistant cabin leader) and then a CL (cabin leader). Some of my best friends in high school I met at summer camp. To this day, I can't hear "These are the Days" by 10,000 Maniacs without being transported back to Camp Edwards in the late 1990s. Those really were the days!

My kids take after me and love summer camp. They have attended Camp Thurman each year since they've been old enough and started at Sky Ranch in Van, Texas, after they each completed first grade. They talk about Sky Ranch all year long and have been counting down to Summer 2021 and their week at Sky Ranch since I picked them up last year. There is nothing like sleep-away camp to give you your first taste of true away-from-your-parents freedom!

Sleep away camp isn't for everyone, though, and it isn't always super affordable. Luckily the Arlington area has lots of awesome camps for kids with tons of different interests. If you are looking for fun activities for your kids this summer that are close to home, read on!

And, if you are looking for some fun toys to add to your summer rotation to keep your kids happy and playing in your own backyard this summer, click here to read the article I did for Zulily about must-have kids toys for summer!


Get ready for a fun summer with these awesome summer camps for kids in the Arlington area. 



Top Summer Camps for Kids in the Arlington Area

    If your kiddos want to learn how to skateboard like Tony Hawk (is my age showing?), check out this fun skate camp in Grand Prairie! Kids can learn the basics and maybe even pick up a few tricks. 

    Does your child love critters and being outside? Look no further than summer programming at River Legacy! They even have Girl Scout and Boy Scout programming that will help the kids earn badges.

    Get your child's creative juices flowing with summer art camps from Lindsay's Art Cart. Camps take place at Legal Draft in downtown Arlington and there is a sibling discount available!

    I have absolutely no idea how to sail a boat- but wouldn't it be cool if I did? What a neat summer skill for kids to learn for a few hours a day right here in Arlington!

    This adventure camp in Mansfield allows kids to pack a lot of fun into a week! Kids play games, learn about horses, rock climb and more at this day-long camp.

    Have a drama queen or king in the family? Yeah, us either. Put your child's flare for the dramatic to good use at summer camp with Theatre Arlington.

    Have a Lego lover at home? Send your little builder to Lego Camp this summer and let your child put their building skills to the test. Each week has a fun new theme to keep your child entertained. 

    Let your child play while they learn this summer at a coding camp at Code Ninjas in Mansfield. Whether your child wants to learn to design an app or wants to learn coding secrets for Roblox, there is a camp for everyone at Code Ninjas. 

    If your is interested in learning Spanish, check out the in-person camps in Arlington this summer from La Puerta Spanish Center. This particular spot comes highly recommended by scores of Arlington mamas. 

    Let your child unleash their inner rock star with summer music camp. These music camps meet in Mansfield and run all week, and then Friday night your child gets to impress you with a live performance! How cool. 

Kids can learn new skills at these fun summer camps in Arlington!


No comments:

Post a Comment