Monday, October 3, 2016

Birthday yard cards- an unexpected, awesome surprise!

So my oldest turned seven today.

It may sound cliche, but I have no idea where the years have gone.

Seven!

I mean- I for sure have more wrinkles. And a minivan. And a house in the 'burbs. And... The whole nine. But I am definitely in denial that I've been trying to figure out this whole thing called Motherhood for seven years now!

My seven-year-old is majorly into dinosaurs. Sometimes, she likes her American Girl doll. Every now and again, she doesn't totally roll her eyes at the clothes I pick out for her from Justice or Kohl's.

This year for her birthday, though, I really wanted to give her something she wasn't expecting.

North Texas Yard Cards was the perfect surprise! facebook.com/northtexasyardcards

After she woke up, I asked her to let the dog out with me. She told me she would rather just watch cartoons and wait until I let her open her presents, but I insisted.

Imagine her surprise when our yard had a huge birthday sign with her name on it for her!


Her face lit up! She said "Wow, Mom! I've never seen anything like this! Now everyone will know it's my birthday. And that's awesome!" She danced around and asked me to take a zillion pictures and really, really enjoyed her name in the spotlight!

Every now and again I nail birthday presents. This is one of those times.



North Texas Yard Cards for the win! www.northtexasyardcards.com



(Booking your yard sign couldn't be easier, either! Just call or text the owners with the date and message and theme. They will deliver the night before and take down 24 hours later. Easy peasy! They deliver anywhere in Tarrant County and are based in Arlington- and we know how I feel about supporting local businesses! Yard Cards start at just $79 and are such a sweet surprise for birthdays, anniversaries, homecoming, prom- I could go on!)


1 comment: