Sunday, January 10, 2021

Different Types of Tea & the Best Places to get Tea in Arlington, TX

Did you know that herbal teas aren't actually teas? 

I had NO idea.

A tea comes from tea leaves. An herbal tisane is a beverage that includes herbs and other ingredients but no actual tea leaves. So the chamomile tea I drink at bedtime isn't actually a tea. Mind. Blown. 

My favorite teas with my favorite mug!

Check out the full article I did for Zulily here, along with lots of in-depth info about tea!

Different Types of Tea

There are four different types of tea: black, green, oolong and white. Black tea is the most widely consumed tea in the world, and it is called black tea because the tea leaves turn black during the oxidation process. Green tea is generally thought of as the healthiest tea because the leaves do not undergo oxidation.. Oolong tea is considered the middle man between black tea and green tea because the leaves ferment for a short amount of time. White tea is considered to be the most natural tea because the tea leaves are not oxidized, rather picked and sun-dried.

Best Places to Grab a Tea or Coffee in the Arlington Area

Craving a piping hot cup of coffee or tea? I can relate! While I'm a mega fan of Starbucks (and its drive-thru!), I do also love to support local. Try one of these great spots that make this city great!

Salter Brothers Coffee Roasters, 400 E. Division St., Arlington- artisan coffee, baked goods and hot and iced teas in downtown Arlington.

Grounds & Gold Co., 4130 S. Bowen Rd., Arlington- this gorgeous space with delightful fare will be your favorite new spot to meet a friend for a chat and a bite or open up your laptop and stay awhile!



Savor Coffee Bar & Eatery, 1101 E. Bardin Rd., Arlingon- lots of fantastic choices here, including Vegan fare. Plenty of space to hang out and get some work done.

Inclusion Coffee, 101 E. Abram St., Arlington- this UTA hot spot is two-levels of posh space designed to make you cozy. Reserve the front room for meetings and don't pass on the baked goods- they are SO good.

White Rhino Coffee, 401 E. Border St., Arlington- This new spot (it just opened in December!) has a drive-thru! Plus lots of space to sit and get some work done or catch up with a friend. It even has outdoor seating for when the weather warms up.

Flying Squirrel Coffee Co., 110 N Main St., Mansfield- this quaint spot in downtown Mansfield will make you think you've stepped onto the set of a Hallmark movie.

Now... Who is meeting me for a tea and coffee date?!

2 comments:

  1. As a tea lover myself I loved this post! I'm a black chai kind of girl and I too have my favorite mug (which I hide from the rest of my family so they don't use it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great article. I will visit the Flying Squirrel it sounds like fun!! I also have a favorite mug for tea/coffee.

    ReplyDelete