Friday, March 19, 2021

Get Your Sweat On: Fun Spots to Workout in the Arlington Area!

I'm a runner.

Not a fast runner or a professional runner, but a runner. I love to log miles all over Arlington and beyond. I'm training for the Cowtown Half (I was *supposed* to run the full this year even though I swore I would never run another full... I think the Universe is sending me a message!), and I'm following Peloton's Road to 26.2 (and adapting it to the half). I love that the program integrates weight training into the plan.

But I've decided to look into other workout options in the area. I love to run- but I need to add weights. I realize that weight training will make me a stronger and better runner. So I've rounded up some awesome workouts in the Arlington area that offer more than just cardio and weight machines!

Check out my article for Zulily here about ways to workout at home! 


Great spots in Arlington, Texas, to get your heart pumping!

Unique Workouts in the Arlington Area

 1. TexasFitt- This local spot offers onsite childcare during select hours as well as classes and personal training. There are yoga classes, classes just for women and a few just for seniors, as well as a Butt & Gut class that is calling my name...

2. Momentum Fitness- Momentum offers private training as well as small group sessions and boot camps. Yoga is also offered onsite. 

3. CrossFit Power Method- CrossFit is one of those workouts that totally intimidates me. It looks downright tough and exhausting, but I can only imagine how accomplished you must feel at the end of a grueling workout! One of these days...

4. PureBarre- Barre workouts are low-impact but so powerful! I tried a class here when they first opened and fell in love. If I didn't live 30 minutes from this spot I would absolutely have a membership. This workout is intense! 

5. The Epic Grand Prairie- I wish I lived closer to The Epic- you'd find me there every day for sure! Group fit classes, CrossFit, Aquatic workouts. This spot offers something to all fitness levels and has something for everyone. I love swimming laps- being near a pool like this would be great!

6. Fit4Mom Arlington/Mansfield- If you are a mom of young kids, you need to join Fit4Mom. Not only will you meet a bunch of awesome moms (like you!), you'll get in a great workout WITH your kids! Seriously. I loved this group when I was the mom of little ones. Workout and socialize with your kids!

7. Camp Gladiator- CG is an outdoor workout with friends. Bring your own yoga mat and free weights and your trainer will whip you into shape with an hour-long bootcamp workout. 

8. OrangeTheory Fitness- This spot in the Highlands puts you through an hour of HIIT (high intensity interval training) to get your heart pumping and blood flowing. This workout is aimed at getting your metabolism going!

9. HotWorx- Workout in an infrared sauna 24 hours a day. Do a 15-minute HIIT session solo or a 30-minute isometric session at this new Viridian-area spot.

10. Premier Yoga & Fitness- This Mansfield spot offers everything from Zumba to barre and yoga to HIIT. You won't get bored with workouts at this spot because the schedule has such a variety of activities to choose from! 

Have fun and get fit at these local workout hot spots.




1 comment: