Friday, August 26, 2016

Fancy a Treat?

Sometimes, at the end of a long school day, work day, just any day, really, you deserve a treat!

Heck- most days I convince myself I deserve a treat! Ha!

And there is nothing like seeing my girls smile as they pick out a cupcake, cake pop, ice cream cone or other sweet treat. 

Read on for some of my favorite spots!

A few of my favorite "chains":


Yummy ice cream from the Braum's Website


1. Braum's- this is our go-to because there is one close to our house and they have loads of yummy flavors! Plus the prices are so reasonable it's hard to resist!

2. Wendy's- right now, Wendy's has $.50 frostys- yum! Two of my girls love chocolate and one loves vanilla- and I love that I can treat them all for less than $2!

3. Starbucks- my girls love birthday cake pops from Starbucks. They are a bit pricey ($1.50 a piece), but, I admit, they are the perfect-sized yummy treat!

Local ice cream spots: 


Delicious-looking ice cream from Iggy's Italian Ice Facebook page.


1. Helado's Ice Cream and Pops: (1007 E. Broad St., Mansfield)- refreshing popsicles and ice creams to cool you off on a hot day! Flavors such as passion fruit, mango and chile and strawberry agave will make your day!

2. Iggy's Italian Ice (3807 E Broad St, Mansfield)- more than 40 flavors made in store daily! There is a combo for everyone!

3. Maxfrut: (1730 W. Randol Mill Rd., Arlington)- gourmet popsicle treats! I love the coffee pop and my girls love any of the fruit-flavored ones!

4. Mad Mike's Ice Cream: (2304 W. Park Row, Pantego)- I'm in love with the coffee latte flavor and mint chocolate chip. I'm not creative with my ice cream and I'm okay with that!

5. Coolberry Frozen Yogurt: (312 Lincoln Sq., Arlington)- Frozen yogurt is my fave. Fave. Fave. Confession: sometimes I skip a meal to eat a large cup of original tart from Coolberry topped with raspberries, strawberries and chocolate chips. There. I admitted it. 

Non-frozen treats:


Photo from Lulupops FB page (BTW- I NEED these!)

1. Crunch Donuts: (3200 S. Cooper St., Arlington)- If you haven't been to Crunch yet, you are missing out! They have the most decadent donut creations... But if nothing they've made strikes your fancy- you can create your own donut. AND they are open 24 hours. I mean- what are you waiting for?!

2. Lulupops by Lina (3851 SW Green Oaks, Arlington)- this place opened last weekend and I can't wait to try them out! I mean- I LOVE cake pops- and the ones they've posted on their Facebook page for Labor Day look divine!

3. Sugar Bee Sweets: (2410 W. Abram St., Arlington)- there isn't one sweet treat in this store that I don't want to stuff in my face. Seriously. The cookies. The cupcakes. I want it ALL.

What places have I missed (I know there are loads)? Post your favorites in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment