Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Fun at Flight Deck

Flight Deck Trampoline Park (1600 W. Interstate 20, Arlington) invited my crazy trio (plus two of their friends) to jump today- and it was everything my girls could have wanted in a jump experience!

After signing the electronic waiver in the entrance and getting our appropriately-colored wristbands (color of wristband alerts staff as to how much jump time you paid for... And in my youngest's case, which jump zones she wasn't allowed in due to her age/size- she's only 2), the girls were off!

As I hadn't been to Flight Deck in some time, I was surprised to see the foam block pit gone. My girls were admittedly disappointed at first- who doesn't love free-falling into a soft pit of foam?!- but I was assured by staff this was for sanitary reasons. Much like how the ball pits of my childhood disappeared from McDonald's and Burger King's years ago, this foam pit joined the ranks of yesteryear because it was hard to know if and when it was every truly clean. (I mean- imagine how any sweaty bodies fell into this pit on a daily basis? Kids? Adults? Ugh. Gross) The foam pit was replaced with large inflated pillows or bags that cushioned the jumper's fall. My girls loved it! And I'm sure the staff has a much easier time wiping this free of germs at the end of each long, fun, jumping-filled day!
My daughter, mid-flight...

One of my favorite things about Flight Deck is my ability to stand in the middle of the jump zone and see every jumping area simply by turning around. Unlike other places I've been, where certain areas can be hard to monitor without schlepping the diaper bag and other necessities from this end of the business to that, Flight Deck makes it easy for me to park my pregnant self in one space and monitor from there. This way the girls always know where to find me, and I can watch each of them and still chat with friends. It's fantastic!

My girls loved the wide central jumping zone in the middle of the gym. They chased one another, played tag, practiced their cartwheels and jumped with new friends for the better part of our hour there in this main zone. The walls at the far end are trampolines, as well, so they could monkey and jump around until they were too tired to stand!



The big "jump zone"



Tag!

There is an awesome dodgeball arena for older kids. For her own safety, my youngest was not allowed inside so that she wasn't hurt by hurtling dodgeballs. My girls are a bit young to appreciate the awesomeness of this game, but once I'm through this surrogacy I'd love to come back to Flight Deck and challenge my husband to a game!

Flight Deck also offers a smaller jump zone for the little ones so they can enjoy themselves without big kids knocking them over!

Outside of the jump zone, Flight Deck offers a great concession stand complete with ice cream/frozen yogurt. Chips, waters, sport drinks and so on are all available for purchase in this snack area.

This place offers fantastic birthday party deals- especially if you have little ones not in school and can host their party during the week. The deal on that party is unreal! This is also a great play destination for Girl/Boy Scout troops, school groups, mommy groups, and so on. Kids of all ages- adults, too!- will enjoy bouncing around, burning calories and having fun with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment