Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Crazy for LuluPops!

Literally, my trio went crazy IN the Lulupops store this afternoon... (I suppose that's what I get for taking them during the "crazy phase" that takes place after all three of mine are home from school...)

I was lured in to Lulupops by a Facebook post on its page promoting $2 cake pops during their "Poppy Hour" from 4 to 5 pm on weekdays. Maybe it's my third trimester talking, but I'm definitely answering the sweets call this week! (Monday it was Iceland Ice Cream, and I'll debut a review of a fun new candy shop I've found in town on Friday!).


Lulupops is located at the corner of Green Oaks and Park Springs, directly across the street from Boles Junior High (the Yankee in me had to resist writing Middle School). The store's grand opening was less than two weeks ago, and I'm so glad it's here now!

The decor inside is simple and fun. It actually reminds me of a store I would see in LA- very modern and bright. White and pink- lovely!



The menu is simple- multiple flavors of cake pops, a few beverage choices, French Macaroons and banana pudding.



I had to read my trio all of the available options, although two of them ended up choosing on color alone. (Ha! No one should be even a bit surprised that my youngest chose pink) It was a tough call to make- my oldest and I had to think about it a bit... Twix, Snickers, Red Velvet, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Lemon, Strawberry, Vanilla, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to name a few. After much deliberation, we ordered: Chocolate chip cookie dough (mom), red velvet (oldest), vanilla (middle) and strawberry (youngest). It was a tough choice, but as each of use gobbled down our picks, I would say we all chose wisely!



My cake pop was lovely! The flavor was just right. I could have eaten about 10 more, but I do practice some restraint, at least in public. My oldest was upset I wouldn't buy her a second cake pop, but I felt it wise to not destroy her appetite for dinner with delicious cake pops. 



The inside of the store is small- there are only two stools for sitting- so next time I will likely grab cake pops and go instead and dragging my trio inside. But these would make a fun addition to any party you are hosting- office birthday party, baby shower, going away party, etc.

Now get over there an enjoy "Poppy Hour!"

No comments:

Post a Comment