Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Keeping you up to date on Arlington activities

Hi!
I'm a mommy of three in Arlington, Texas.
And I'm tired of hearing all about the fun activities in Dallas. And Fort Worth. And Plano. And Southlake. And so on.
Arlington is an amazing city (The American Dream City, in fact!) with loads of activities to offer kids and kids-at-heart.
My friends generally turn to me to find out where to go and what to do day-to-day to entertain kids in this town... 
So, I'm going to use this blog to give you ideas to entertain your kids daily, weekly, monthly- during summertime and beyond!

Here are a few things we are checking out this week:

Tuesday, June 14: Craft Day at Peter Piper Pizza. Today's theme was Pirate Day (there is a new theme every Tuesday) (Sorry I'm a bit late to posting and the craft day is over, but it does run all summer long!)  Pay $4.73 for your child- this includes a buffet lunch, starting at 11. This also includes coloring sheets and a craft (today we made pirate-themed foam picture frames). The girls also did a treasure hunt, where my middle daughter won a coloring book. They played a pirate treasure game and won a free ice cream cone each. They also each left with a balloon. Total cost: $22 (2 kids' buffets, one adult buffet and $5 in tokens for the games).

Wednesday, June 15: Morning movies at Cinemark Mansfield! Tomorrow they are showing Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip. Each ticket is $1. The flyer also has a coupon for $1 off a kids' combo meal. Movies are at 9 am Wednesday and Thursday, which is early to have my kids in ready-for-public appearances, but we are going to try!
After the movie, we will go to the Chick Fil A at Camp Wisdom and 360. Did you know, when you attend one of their story times, that are every other Wednesday at 10 am during the school year, you get added to their mailing list? Then, on your child's birthday, you get a FREE kids meal coupon! My middle daughter just turned 4... So we have her coupon to redeem. I also just downloaded the Chick Fil A app (free) and have a digital coupon for a free sandwich just for downloading. So, lunch should be cheap tomorrow!

Thursday, June 16: Have I mentioned how much we love the Arlington Public Libraries?! Did you know that the South East Branch was just remodeled with a small play area for kids? This play area is best for the 0-4 set, and my girls love it! This Thursday, take advantage of some of the amazing FREE activities the libraries offer this summer! Little Art, for the 0-4 set, will be offered at the North East Branch this Thursday at 11. Did you know that, all summer long, the North East, East and South East Libraries are offering FREE lunches to all kids, 0-18? We went to one last week and loved it! Our Arlington libraries ROCK!!

Friday, June 17: If I weren't working Friday, I'd have my girls down at Bad Konigshafen, the community pool located at Stovall Park. On Fridays, you can get $1 hot dogs! Yum! This is a pricier pool, with tickets costing $6.50 per adult and $6 for kids under 48 inches, and 12 months and under free. BUT... My girls love it! They have a splash pad, a play pool, a 4 ft pool and two water slides! Pack a lunch or stay for $1 hot dogs!

Saturday, June 18: Um... Two words... Bubble. Soccer. Even better? It's FREE!!! Awesome, right?! Bring the family and head over to bubble soccer at the East Branch of the Arlington Library at 8:30 pm. Awesome! During the day- check out ArlingCon! Join other superhero and comic fans at the first ever ArlingCon. My husband totally has his eye on this...

Sunday, June 19: Happy Father's Day! My husband hates traveling to Dallas for just about any reason, but Sunday I'm making him go... To Medieval Times! Fathers are free with a full price adult ticket this week, so we are taking advantage. It doesn't hurt that I won a $75 gift card to Medieval Times last summer from Dallas Child... So our trip will be pretty inexpensive! If we were hanging around Arlington, though, we'd likely hit up Hurricane Harbor or Hawaiian Falls for some water time with our girls!

Ask me any questions you want... And I'll be back Friday to update our plans for next week (we never slow down... Like... EVER! Ha!)

1 comment:

  1. How do you find all these activities? I hate driving to Dallas and ft worth so this is great to know

    ReplyDelete